Tuesday, April 26, 2011
a must read when it comes to books!
So one of the blogs i follow ( look on my side column for city mom, country mom...they are truly inspiring) just recently posted about a book titled "Heaven is for real" and i totally forgot to post about this book myself!
I was in Target one day (shocker i know, i should live there) and I needed a new good read. I stumble across "Heaven is for real" and was immediately blown away (and that was just from reading the inside cover!) It is about a pastor Todd Burpo who's son had a near death experience when he was 4 years old. The son actually went to heaven. Now i know what you must think how can you believe that and I'll tell you because this little boy could tell his mom and dad things they had never told him about. For example without giving the story away, Todd's wife had a miscarriage and never told their son about it, while he was in heaven he met his little sister and told his parents about it.
Aside from meeting great grandparents and siblings the little boy met John the Baptist and sat on Jesus' lap. This book most definitely strengthened my faith and made me think about things in a whole new way. Like how important the mass is and how even in the most difficult times in your life God is with you.
So if you are someone who is struggling with their faith and need a good read, pick up "heaven is for real" all proceeds are being donated to charity ( I can't remember which one it is exactly).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment