Friday, September 3, 2010

LGI 2010



Does it have to be over?! We just returned from our beach week at Little Gasparilla Island in Florida and had the most amazing and relaxing time ever!! Thanks to Grandpa Buddy and Grandma Laurie for welcoming us into their home we enjoyed an absolutely amazing vacation!! Our days were all spent on the beach, shell hunting, swimming, and eating....wait..did i mention eating? Noah got to play with his Second cousin Bella which was so fun to see. Weather was perfect, the company was perfect, and the moments were unforgettable!
Noah LOVED the beach! Every morning he woke up the first thing he said was "beach" he loved having the freedom to run around where ever he wanted, collecting shells, and swimming in the water, which was warm and very calm.
my awesome cousin Emily (pictured above in the dorky solo shot!) taught me lots of things on this beach trip. She taught me how to take awesome pictures with my new camera, how to make a picture frame out of sea shells, how to drive a stick shift, and how to kayak! I came home and was telling Louie all the awesome things Emily taught me and he has now decided she is a really good influence on me because she makes me over come my fears and gets me to be more adventurous so thanks Emilia!!
cool picture of sandy toes
learning a thing or two about how to take a photo with the Aperture setting
Kayaking! 
on the second day of arriving at the beach we decided to go to Cabbage Key for lunch. It is a little island with a restaurant on it. its about a 45 minute boat ride to get over there, and little did we know we were in for the ride of our lives on the way back to LGI. Upon leaving the Island the weather turned for the worst, huge waves and rain! let's just say everyone was soaking wet from the waves splashing into the boat and thank Jesus my baby boy slept through the whole thing!!
So thanks to you Grandpa Buddy and Grandma Laurie for an unforgettable and amazing beach week! we enjoyed bringing our families together and our nights of story telling! we can't wait to do it again!

1 comment:

  1. Kayla! I miss you already! I love the sandy toes shot! You're a quick learner! I would try the "macro" setting next time. It works better than whatever I was trying to teach you about aperture. I definitely can't teach that very well yet! I'll work on that! I had so much fun with you guys! Thanks for exploring with me and trying new things! I had a blast!

    ReplyDelete